TERMS & CONDITIONS.
Estimates and payment
1. The attached prices are given as an estimate of the likely costs involved in carrying out the project. However, additional fees and outside costs may be incurred as a result of further briefing and all other factors that may affect price.
2. Unless otherwise stated within the estimate, all authors’ amendments, i.e. changes to content, design and initial brief, will be charged as extras. This includes additions to initial brief as estimate.
3. Although we rarely need to adjust them, all prices are subject to receipt of final content, brief and price rulings at the time of completion.
4. Fees and outside costs will be invoiced as incurred on a monthly basis. If a project is discontinued for whatever reason, Firefly reserves the right to charge fees and outside costs payable in full for the work completed in which case fees will be calculated on an hourly basis. If the customer does not progress a job for more than 90 days (i.e. does not respond to a visual design proposal or proof), Firefly reserves the right to invoice for the work carried out and any expenses incurred.
5. It is the customers responsibility to check proofs for errors in copy and content at all stages and to make sure that final proofs are correct before going to press, including attending production if necessary. Even if the text is supplied electronically (i.e. on disc or via email) it is still the customers responsibility to check all text on the proof for errors that may have occurred subsequently. Firefly will check artwork and proofs for layout and reproduction standards only.
6. Print management, where relevant, covers supplying print quatations, contracting a printing company for the project, delivering artwork to the printer and liasing with the printer
to the satisfactory completion and delivery of the project.
7. Firefly cannot guarantee delivery dates from third parties. All goods and services from third parties are subject to their own terms and conditions, a copy of which can be supplied upon request.
8. It is the customer’s responsibility to check that the quantity delivered meets the quantity ordered. Firefly must be informed of any discrepancy by 5pm of the next working day following delivery.
9. Where a client chooses to manage the printing of a project themselves, Firefly can not be held responsible for any problems during the process.
10. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that copyright is not infringed through the use of any materials they supply to Firefly.
11. Images purchased or commissioned by Firefly for the customer are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier, a copy of which can be supplied upon request.
12. Under the terms of the 1989 Copyright Act, the right of use to any work produced by Firefly or subcontractors is only transferred after full payment of the invoice is received. However, Firefly reserves the right to use material we has designed or produced in our own publicity (i.e. our portfolio, whether in hard copy or electronic).
13. Tenders and bids are likely to contain design innovations and the intellectural property rights over these remain the property of Firefly. The design innovations proposed by Firefly must not be revealed to other bidders.
14. Whilst Firefly endeavours to archive all work electronically, we cannot guarantee that all files are retrievable for future use. Firefly cannot accept responsibility for lost or corrupt files. When older files are re-used, the time taken to convert them to current data formats will be charged.
Invoices must be paid within 30 days from date of invoice. Firefly reserve the right to charge interest of 8% per month on overdue accounts.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
If you would like to find out more about Firefly and how our ideas, experience and creativity could make a real difference to your business please call us on:
+44 (0) 131 621 0053 or fill in the form below